Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Soft, chewy cookies made in a skillet not baked in the oven.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 8 ounces pitted dates
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (or lemon extract)
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup coconut, flaked
- Melt margarine slowly; add dates, sugar, milk and egg yolks.
- Cook 10 minutes, stirring constantly, over low heat.
- Remove from heat; add vanilla, rice krispies and pecans.
- Mix well and shape into balls.
- Roll in flaked coconut.