Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cookies made in your skillet.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups dates, chopped
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup coconut, and or 1 cup nuts, of your choice
- powdered sugar (to roll dough in)
- In an electric skillet, put first three ingredients on low heat and stir constantly.
- Turn off heat and fold in the chopped dates. Don’t chop the dates too fine.
- Let cool.
- Stir in the 6 cups of Rice Crispies Cereal.
- Add the coconut & nuts if you are going to use them.
- Put lots of powdered sugar on a pastry cloth and put ½ of the dough on powdered sugar and work into a log about 2 ½ inches in diameter.
- Wrap in wax paper and refrigerate.
- Do the same with the other half of the dough.
- When you are ready to eat, slice in quarter or half inch slices. These last for months. Good for freezing just add a layer of foil around the wax paper and twist ends.