Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cooked outdoors, on a grill. Originally intended as a breakfast dish for campers. Adapted from The Master Chef's Outdoor Grill Cookbook.
- Heat grill.
- Thoroughly grease the bottom of a Dutch oven, or a heavy 10" skillet with a lid.
- Line with several layers of waxed paper or parchment. Grease again.
- Set cover of the pan at the edge of the grill to heat.
- Combine topping mix ingredients and set aside.
- Stir biscuit mix and sugar together.
- Add egg and milk.
- Beat until smooth.
- Place in skillet.
- Sprinkle topping over batter.
- Cover and cook over LOW heat at edge of grill, 15-20 minutes, or until tester comes out clean.