Recipe by Chocolatl
Cooked outdoors, on a grill. Originally intended as a breakfast dish for campers. Adapted from The Master Chef's Outdoor Grill Cookbook.
- 59.14 ml biscuit mix
- 59.14 ml shredded coconut
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 44.37 ml grated lemon zest
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 354.88 ml biscuit mix
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 1 egg, beaten well
- 59.14 ml milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat grill.
- Thoroughly grease the bottom of a Dutch oven, or a heavy 10" skillet with a lid.
- Line with several layers of waxed paper or parchment. Grease again.
- Set cover of the pan at the edge of the grill to heat.
- Combine topping mix ingredients and set aside.
- Stir biscuit mix and sugar together.
- Add egg and milk.
- Beat until smooth.
- Place in skillet.
- Sprinkle topping over batter.
- Cover and cook over LOW heat at edge of grill, 15-20 minutes, or until tester comes out clean.