Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy stovetop chili mac recipe with green chilies for a little extra flavor! Very tasty and with green peppers, onions and green chilies a bit extra veggies!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 7 ounces green chilies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 15 ounces kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1. Brown ground beef and drain extra fat.
- 2. Add chopped onion, chopped green pepper, green chilies, garlic, and seasonings. Saute til onion is translucent, adding a bit of water if needed.
- 3. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, beans, and macaroni; stir. Bring to boil, reduce to simmer and cover. Cook 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4. Serve with grated cheddar cheese.