Recipe by Chef Lil' Momma Jenn
I made this for dinner & my family loved it. It was easy & fast. I made a few changes to this recipe but I listed the original recipe. We don't like spicy food so we dropped the green chiles. I also used mexican style canned tomatoes & Santa Fe style canned beans, undrained.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) canred chili beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese or 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook meat & onion until meat is browned; drain fat.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients except cheeses.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat. Cover & simmer 20 mins., stirring often.
- Top with cheese. Cover & heat for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.