Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this recipe in an old cookbook. The original called for Healthy Choice Cream of Roasted Garlic Soup. Nevertheless, they don't make it anymore, so I put this copy cat together.
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- canola oil cooking spray
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (halved)
- 118.29 ml sun-dried tomato (finely chopped)
- 304.75 g can Healthy Request cream of chicken soup
- 177.44 ml fat free chicken broth
- 59.14 ml white wine
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- Preheat oven or toasted oven to 350.
- Cut the top off the bulb of garlic. Place on a sheet of foil (big enough to cover whole bulb). Place 1 teaspoons of olive oil. Seal with foil. Bake garlic 30-45 minutes. The smell tells you it is done. Allow to cool, so you can handle it. (This can be done the day before to save time).
- In a medium size bowl, place individual roasted cloves of garlic. Add soup, broth, wine, salt and pepper. Combine with an electric mixer or whisk to ensure the garlic is smoothly mixed into the whole dish.
- In a large skillet sprayed with non stick spray, cook chicken until brown on both sides.
- Top with sun dried tomatoes and sauce mixture. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes until chicken in done.
- Serve over cooked brown rice of whole wheat egg noodles.