Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Source: 365 Ways to Cook Chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 carrots, sliced thin
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 tablespoon black pepper
- In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat, until hot. Add chicken and cook, turning, until browned on both sides, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook chicken 10 minutes. Remove chicken to a dish and drain off fat and liquid from pan.
- Add onion, carrots, and celery to skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring, until onion is softened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, water, couscous, garbanzo beans, lemon juice, and pepper. Heat to boiling, then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Place chicken on top of couscous mixture. Cover and cook 20 to 25 minutes, or until chicken is very tender and cooked through.