I work long hours so I'm always looking for a good meal I can freeze and take to work as I need it. This meal works great and the best part? It's healthy too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice the chicken breasts at an angle to make 1/2-3/4 inch thick slices.
- 2Preaheat olive oil on skillet to medium high.
- 3Just as the olive oil starts to 'smoke' reduce heat to medium and add the garlic.
- 4Quickly stir until the garlic is just aromatic (15-20 seconds) and add chicken.
- 5Continue to cook on medium heat until the chicken is cooked through and slightly browned.
- 6Remove the chicken from skillet and set aside.
- 7Add 1 tbsp water to the skillet and scrap until the drippings are glazed.
- 8In the same skillet combine the black beans, corn, and salsa and heat on low/medium-low until warm.
- 9Serve the chicken on a bed of rice with the black beans & salsa mix on the side.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skillet Chicken With Black Beans and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 598.8
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 551.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 27.9 g