Recipe by Beth A.
From About.com - Southern Food. This easy skillet chicken dish makes a delicious meal with hot cooked noodles or rice. Feel free to replace the leeks with a small thinly sliced sweet onion or shallots. Very tasty!
Top Review by kerstin.brown
I made this with afew changes the 2nd time. I used 3 cloves garlic and no broth, 1/2 cup extra wine and I used fire roasted diced tomatoes from Hunts and fresh Basil. Yummy, Yummy, Yummy. I served it over Saffron rice and it was amazinggggggggggg!
- 3 -4 boneless chicken breast halves, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 leeks, white part, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can artichokes, drained and cut up
- 1 (3 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and leeks; sauté until leeks are tender, stirring frequently.
- Add mushrooms and sauté for about 3 minutes longer. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute longer.
- Add the broth and wine; simmer briskly for about 7 to 10 minutes, or until reduced by about 1/2.
- Add tomatoes and remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for a minute or two longer.