Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Here's another recipe from Ciao Italia that I make often. My veggies vary depending on the season and what's at hand.
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 lbs chicken
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 medium onion
- 3 small potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 lb green beans
- NOTES: Makes sure your black pepper is coarsely chopped. Chicken should be whole chicken cut into pieces (if you don't do this yourself, they do have it pre packaged in the supermarket). chop your onion, cut your potatoes into quarters and your green beans into thirds.
- Toast the pine nuts in a small nonstick saute pan over medium heat until they are lightly browned nd frgrant. Transfer to dish.
- Combine the salt, pepper, dried oregano, celery salt and pepper flakes in a small bowl. Mix well, then rub evenly over the chicken pieces.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy saute pan over medium high heat. Brown the chicken pieces skin side down a few at a time. Do not overcrowd the pan or chicken will steam instead of brown. Add lemon juice and 1/3 cup water, cover the pan and simmer 30 minutes, turning the pieces every 10 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter and set aside. Add the onion and pottoes to the pan; increase the heat to medium high and saute for 3 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce, wine and sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Stir in the beans and return the chicke to the pan.
- Cover and simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes, until the beans are tender. Serve with the sauce and sprinkling of pine nuts over top.