Prep 5 mins
Cook 16 mins
My mom used to make this so it's a comfort food to me. I make it fairly often because it is the quickest easiest recipe that I have. You can have a hot dinner on the table in about 20 minutes.
- 6 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (if breast are large, cut in half horizontally)
- 297.66 g can chicken gravy
- 170.09 g package chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 354.88 ml hot water
- Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add chicken and cook on medium heat for 3 minutes on each side. Add gravy to skillet and cook for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- In bowl, combine stuffing mix and water. Spoon stuffing over chicken in skillet. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until heated.
This recipe was made on 2/19/11 for the "Comfort Food Event" in the Food Photo Forum.I made a few changes to the recipe, four chicken breast halves were and I used the full amount of stuffing mix.Instead of the 10 1/2 ounce can of gravy a 12 ounce jar of Heinz Roasted Chicken Gravy was used( I like extra gravy ).I also substituted 1 cup of chicken broth for 1 cup of the water.Cooking time was pretty much as the recipe stated,but I did cook a bit longer to get some color added to the chicken.This recipe was fast,easy, and comforting.Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "
This was a really good dish and super simple to make. I used a 12 oz. jar of Heinz chicken gravy. Instead of using all the water called for, I mixed about 1/3 of my gravy into the stuffing to make it moist and give it more flavor. I made some candied sweet potatoes as a side, and it felt like it was Thanksgiving. This is a great dish to make when you are short on time, but would still like a hearty meal. I will definitely make it again.
I enjoyed this dish and so did my husband (he likes gravy) but surprisingly enough, my six year old step son didn't. Granted, he is a semi-picky eater, but I think it's the texture and look that turned him off.