Recipe by Rainlily
Nice change from the traditional beef stew.
Top Review by Mary Dudek
My oven went on the fritz so I searched for a skillet dinner. I looked at many and decided on this one based on the ingredients. I didn't want to waste the rest of the can of chicken broth, so I increased the sauce ingredients by half. We like things saucy anyway, especially if you serve bread alongside the stew. It was absolutely delicious and very easy to throw together in one pan. Will definitely file this one with the DELICIOUS recipes! Thanks!
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into one inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 medium carrots, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl; coat chicken.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter; brown chicken. Add onion and celery; cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in potatoes and carrots. Combine broth, thyme,bay leaf, ketchup and cornstarch; add to skillet. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.