Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was shown on an episode of America's Test Kitchen. I use Steve G's Flaky Biscuit Flaky Biscuits. You could use canned biscuits, but his are so quick and so easy, I'd rather not have all the artificial ingredients.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 stalk celery
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup vermouth
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- salt and pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen peas and carrots
- 6 -8 prepared biscuits (depending on the size)
- Brown chicken breasts in olive oil on just ONE side, about 4 minutes. Remove to plate.
- Sprinkle onion and celery with flour, toss thoroughly, and add to skillet with chicken drippings. Saute.
- Add chicken broth and vermouth, herbs and seasonings stir thoroughly until thickened and bubbly.
- Place chicken breasts and drippings back in skillet, reduce heat, and cover, simmering for about 15 minutes.
- While simmering, bake biscuits.
- When biscuits are done, take the chicken out of the sauce, let cool slightly, chop, and return to skillet.
- Top with biscuits and serve.