Recipe by looneytunesfan
Find all the flavors of a classic comfort food in this skillet dinner topped with tender biscuit bites. From the Pillsbury email newsletter.
Top Review by Laura O.
Very good. I just cooked the chicken and gravy and potatoes in the skillet all at once with just a touch of thyme, then sprinkled only the garlic powder on whole biscuits (did not make them bite-sized), baked them, then let everyone make their own plate of biscuits with pot pie filling on top. I also added a few canned peas and carrots to the filling mix during the end of cooking time. This is so easy and quick.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh carrots, sliced
- 2 cups frozen southern style hash brown potatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) jar chicken gravy
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas
- 1 (12 ounce) can Pillsbury refrigerated biscuits
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken; sprinkle with salt, 1/2 teaspoon of the thyme and the pepper. Cook 5 minutes or until chicken is browned, stirring frequently.
- Move chicken to one side of skillet. Add carrots and potatoes; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add gravy to chicken and vegetables; mix well. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally and adding peas during last 5 minutes of cooking time.
- During last 15 minutes of cooking, heat oven to 400°F Separate dough into 10 biscuits. Cut each into quarters; place in large bowl. Add garlic powder and remaining teaspoon thyme; toss to coat. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until biscuit pieces are golden brown. Scatter over top of cooked chicken mixture before serving.