Recipe by Porfavorcorona
I got this recipe from a recipe card I found in the mail. This is a very easy dish to make in one skillet. Tastes great! A hugh hit with the family.
Top Review by Luschka
This was really really good! I didn't have chicken broth so I added vegetable broth instead, and it was really good and oh so simple to cook too! It was just what I needed for today. Thank you!
- 3 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 cup rice
- 2 3⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 0.5 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat; add chicken to skillet.
- Cook, turning once, until browned about 5 minutes per side.
- Remove from skillet.
- Add onions to skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add rice and cook, stirring, until grains are translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring chicken broth to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add broth and tomato paste to skillet; stir well.
- Arrange chicken on top of rice mixture. Reduce heat to low.
- Cook covered, until rice has absorbed liquid and juices run clear when meat is pierced with knife, about 25 minutes.
- Serve hot.