Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
SIMPLE, Fast and Easy!!! You can add this to your list of 30 minute meals! The flavors send this recipe to the top of the scale! Just as delicious as in the Italian restaurants!!! Add crusty bread and a side salad. (The flavor will be enhanced if you use fresh grated parmesan cheese not the shelf-aged type in the green colored can.)
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 21 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (fresh grated)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Place chicken breasts between wax paper and pound to 1/2 inch thickness using a meat pounder.
- Salt and pepper breasts and dip into buttermilk. Roll breasts in bread crumbs.
- Place olive oil in a skillet over low heat. Cook chicken breasts for approximately 10 minutes on each side or until juices of chicken run clear. (Use a spatula and gently turn chicken breasts over.)
- Pour spaghetti sauce over chicken and cook on low heat 5 to 7 minutes. Sprinkle parmesan and mozzarella cheeses on top and cover with lid to melt cheese for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve over your favorite pasta noodles. (I serve over 8 ounces of cooked angel hair pasta.).
Yummy and easy, thank you!
excellent and easy. The mix of the 2 cheeses gives it a real buzz! Ended up with 4 "ring-ins" so I used crumbed chicken snitzels. Everyone loved it! made for 2008 October swap
Very quick and easy my family loved it .