Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great with a tossed green salad and French bread.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 78.07 ml dry Italian style breadcrumbs
- 78.07 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 473.18 ml spaghetti sauce
- 118.29 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- Flatten each chicken breast half to 1/4 inch thickness between sheets of plastic wrap or waxed paper.
- Mix bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Dip chicken into egg, then coat with bread crumb mixture.
- Heat oil in 12 inch skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken in oil 10 to 15 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink in center.
- Pour spaghetti sauce around chicken in skillet; heat until hot. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over chicken.
Excellent chicken parm! I used Italian Breadcrumbs for the breadcrumbs, marinara sauce because I didn't have spaghetti sauce, and chicken tenders. Thanks for another winner Vicki!
I will look no further for the perfect parmesan chicken--this one is it! I used 8 thawed chicken breast cutlets. These cutlets can usually be found in the frozen section of your grocery store in 2.5 lb bags. I like them because they are bigger than chicken tenders but smaller than chicken breasts and they cook very quickly/evenly. I wish I had made more because between my 3 boys and husband, there was none left! Everyone gave it 5 stars, which is rare in this family. Usually someone doesn't like a recipe as much as another person. In this case, everyone loved it. This is a quick, one dish meal that is super simple to clean up too. Thanks so much for a wonderful dinner tonight, looneytunesfan!
My husband loved this!!! It was very quick and easy. I used chicken tenders and they seemed to cook a little quicker. Wonderful meal!