Recipe by Petite Mommy
A very easy comfort food that you won't feel guilty about serving! This recipe is an equally delicious dish that uses grated Parmesan cheese instead of the higher fat shredded cheese.(Recipe courtesy of Contadina.com)
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 6 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can Contadina tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon basil, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine bread crumbs and 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Dip chicken in egg; then coat with crumb mixture.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, 5 minutes per side or until done. Remove to serving dish; keep warm.
- Cook onion in same skillet until tender, about 2 minutes. Add tomato sauce and basil; simmer 5 minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.