Recipe by Golfladee
This is a great appetizer for a party, after making in the skillet you can put in a crockpot to keep hot. I got this recipe from a co-worker. This is so popular, I have guys even asking me for the recipe!
Top Review by cookinpossum
I loved this but made a few modifications. I added one can of yellow corn to the mix. I did not use the onion because the picante sauce had enough on its own. I was unable to find cumin in my store so I used Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle seasoning blend instead. I seasoned the chicken with it. This took the place of the chili powder, cumin and oregano. I did heat all the ingredients in a skillet but then layered it in a casserole dish with the cheese and chips and baked it at 350 for about 30 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yummy! I ate it with more tortilla chips. I will definitely make this again.
- 1 lb chicken breast (cooked and shredded)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 (24 ounce) jar picante sauce
- 15 ounces black beans (rinsed & drained)
- 10 ounces rotel
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) bag tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients, except cheddar cheese in skillet over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in cheese until melted (or if keeping in crockpot, I usually put on the side, when serving).
- Serve with tortilla chips.