Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Haven't made this yet.
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts (boneless and skinless, cut into 1-inch chunks)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Pulse tomatoes in processor until coarsely ground.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large skillet over med-high heat until just smoking. Cook chicken until browned all over, about 5 minutes. Transfer to plate.
- Add onion to empty skillet. Cook over medium until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garam masala, garlic and ginger. Cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add tomatoes and bring to simmer. Lower heat to med-low, cover and cook until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in cream and browned chicken, along with any accumulated uices. Simmer until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
Very good! Easy and quick to make too. The smell while it is cooking is divine. I'd like to add a few raisins to it next time and serve over rice or with pita or naan bread. Thanks for sharing! Made for Photo Tag!
Oh yeah! Everyone loved this - ESPECIALLY the picky one! She finished it for breakfast! Very easy to make & very flavorful. Made for my ZANY teammate during ZWT6!