Recipe by morgainegeiser
This is a quick one skillet recipe for chicken marsala. Can be served over hot cooked pasta and you have an easy meal for a weeknight when you have little time to prepare a great meal.
Top Review by Phoenix 0880
This is wonderful. I sliced my chicken breasts in half instead of pounding them and made this with the chicken broth. I used a combination of button, cremini and portabello mushrooms. I allowed the chicken to simmer in the liquid for 20 minutes or so with a lid on top and the chicken was unbelievably tender and juicy. After removing the chicken from the pan I added a small amount of cornstarch and water and a little bit of half and half cream to make a cream sauce to pour over top. This was a very easy, very tasty dinner!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup dry marsala wine or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Flatten each chicken breast half to 1/4-inch thickness by gently pounding between sheets of plastic wrap or waxed paper. Mix four, salt and pepper. Coat chicken with flour mixture; shake off excess flour.
- Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Cook garlic and parsley in oil for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add chicken to skillet. Cook, turning once, until brown.
- Add mushrooms and wine.
- Cook 8 to 10 minutes, turning chicken once, until chicken is no longer pink in center.