Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
This recipe is from Clean Eating, it is a great lowfat, healthy way to cook chicken
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken cutlets
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup fresh button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons whole capers
- lemon slice, for garnish
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with 2 tbsp lemon juice.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and mushrooms and cook chicken for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown and until mushrooms are softened.
- Add remaining 2 tbsp lemon juice, parsley and capers and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Garnish with lemon slices before serving.
What an easy-to-make recipe, and the flavor is great! We loved the tangy taste the lemon juice and capers gave! I like mushrooms well-cooked, so I cooked them first for several minutes and then added the chicken, sauteing it for 3 minutes per side as the recipe said, and the chicken turned out perfectly. I've added this to my list of recipes to make on a busy night -- we all loved this dish. Thanks for sharing it.
Easy, quick and delicious chicken! I had some green olives on hand so chopped one up and used as a sub for the capers, otherwise made just as directed. This is a tasty and healthy dish that's on the table in 20 minutes - can't beat that - thanks for sharing the recipe!
Geesh, you would think my family were starving from their rude and threatening gestures. Super quick and easy. Made for A-NZ #49 Recipe Tag.