Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a simple stove-top variation of Chicken Cordon Bleu. It's very simple because all of the ingredients are cut-up, so that the traditional flavor is there, but there is not all of the work of the traditional version. I usually double the sauce.
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup ham, diced
- In a 10-inch skillet over medium high heat cook the chicken breasts in the butter for 10 minutes or until browned.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- In the same skillet add the wine and stir to deglaze the pan.
- Add the soup, cheese and ham.
- Heat to boiling, stirring often.
- Return chicken to skillet.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is completely cooked, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over hot cooked egg noodles if desired.
Thanks - good and easy recipe.
I liked this a lot. I would add just a bit more cheese, just my taste.