Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Inspired by a recipe found in the January issue of Foodnetwork
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless, boneless, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 5 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups broccoli, separated into small florets
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced into 1/2 '"pieces
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 6 ounces portion boursin cheese, garlic and herb flavor
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese, not the canned type please
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Pre heat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a 12" oven going non stick skillet, heat the oil/butter over medium high heat.
- Add the green onions and saute about 3 minutes.
- Add rice, broccoli, chicken, tomatoes, dill.
- In bowl combine the stock with the sour cream.
- Combine with ingredients in skillet.
- Crumble cheese over top and combine.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the skillet with lid or foil.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove (careful, handle is hot) and distribute the Parmesan cheese over the top and return skillet to oven to melt the cheese.