Lori Mama's Note:
Inspired by a recipe found in the January issue of Foodnetwork
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless, boneless, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 5 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups broccoli, separated into small florets
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced into 1/2 '"pieces
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 6 ounces portion boursin cheese, garlic and herb flavor
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, not the canned type please
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Pre heat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2In a 12" oven going non stick skillet, heat the oil/butter over medium high heat.
- 3Add the green onions and saute about 3 minutes.
- 4Add rice, broccoli, chicken, tomatoes, dill.
- 6In bowl combine the stock with the sour cream.
- 7Combine with ingredients in skillet.
- 8Crumble cheese over top and combine.
- 9Bring to a simmer.
- 10Season with salt and pepper.
- 11Cover the skillet with lid or foil.
- 12Bake for 25-30 minutes or until liquid has been absorbed.
- 13Remove (careful, handle is hot) and distribute the Parmesan cheese over the top and return skillet to oven to melt the cheese.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skillet Chicken/Broccoli//Rice Cassarole
Serving Size: 1 (424 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1041.8
- Calories from Fat 387
- Total Fat 43.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 152.2 mg
- Sodium 948.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 58.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: