Recipe by MarthaStewartWanabe
This is an easy, comforting meal that is sure to satisfy any rumbling tummy! I always keep a can of cream of mushroom soup on hand for quick fix meals such as this. The chicken breasts turn out moist and tender topped with savory gravy and vegetables. This meal is perfect for any busy weeknight and tastes like you spent all day cooking. My husband gives his approval, and I hope you will too. Enjoy!
Top Review by Lori Mama
I made as stated, minus the potato as I was serving leftover mashed with it. I will leave out the garlic all together next time. I felt it over powered the sauce a bit. Also, the sauce makes enough for 4 chicken breasts. Made for TYM Tag Game. :)
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried garlic, minced (I use "Tastefully Simple's Garlic Garlic Seasoning Blend")
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 cup potato, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch salt (or to taste)
- 1 pinch pepper (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium mixing bowl, thoroughly whisk soup, milk, basil, poultry seasoning, paprika, garlic, onion, salt and pepper. Stir in carrots and potatoes and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil until glistening.
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/2-inch thickness and season both sides with a pinch each of salt and pepper.
- Lightly brown both sides of chicken breasts in skillet.
- Remove skillet from heat and pour soup mixture evenly over chicken breasts.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soup mixture begins to thicken, and vegetables are tender.