1/1 Photo of Skillet Chicken Breast Dinner With Savory Gravy and Vegetables
This is an easy, comforting meal that is sure to satisfy any rumbling tummy! I always keep a can of cream of mushroom soup on hand for quick fix meals such as this. The chicken breasts turn out moist and tender topped with savory gravy and vegetables. This meal is perfect for any busy weeknight and tastes like you spent all day cooking. My husband gives his approval, and I hope you will too. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried garlic, minced (I use "Tastefully Simple's Garlic Garlic Seasoning Blend")
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 cup potato, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch salt (or to taste)
- 1 pinch pepper (or to taste)
- 1In a medium mixing bowl, thoroughly whisk soup, milk, basil, poultry seasoning, paprika, garlic, onion, salt and pepper. Stir in carrots and potatoes and set aside.
- 2In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil until glistening.
- 3Pound chicken breasts to 1/2-inch thickness and season both sides with a pinch each of salt and pepper.
- 4Lightly brown both sides of chicken breasts in skillet.
- 5Remove skillet from heat and pour soup mixture evenly over chicken breasts.
- 6Reduce heat to medium-low.
- 7Simmer for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soup mixture begins to thicken, and vegetables are tender.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skillet Chicken Breast Dinner With Savory Gravy and Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (615 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 534.6
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 81.2 mg
- Sodium 2209.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 36.3 g