Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Mar 6, 2000
- 907.18 g chicken pieces, skinned
- 709.77 ml mushrooms, fresh, sliced
- 4 carrots, peeled, sliced 1/2-inch
- 177.44 ml rice, long grain
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 4.92 ml poultry seasoning
- 4.92 ml bouillon cube, chicken, granules
- 1.23 ml salt
- 473.18 ml water
- Spray a 12-inch skillet with nonstick spray coating.
- Brown chicken pieces on all sides over medium heat about 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken.
- Drain fat from skillet, if neccessary.
- Add mushrooms, carrots, rice, onion, bouillon, poultry seasoning, 2 cups water, salt.
- Place chicken atop rice mixture.
- Cover; simmer 30 minutes or till chicken and rice are done.
This recipe was delicious and fairly simple to make. I used basmati rice. Also, I browned the mushrooms and carrots before adding to the rice mixture. I cooked the browned chicken and rice mixture in a dutch oven in the oven at 300 degrees for an hour, as I had to leave the house and wanted it to be ready when I returned. Also, I used some olive oil to brown the chicken and then some margarine to brown the mushrooms and carrots.
This was a really simple and quick meal to pull together. I added some kale, just for extra nutrition. Thanks for posting the recipe.
Easy prep, simple ingredients, great taste! I made 1.5 times the recipe and used leftover cooked chicken breast that I diced and put on top halfway through cooking. It looks like a very versatile recipe and I will definitely be making it again. Thanks for a great meal!