Recipe by SheCooksToConquer
A very easy skillet adaptation of a great comfort food -- and with almost no clean-up since everything is in a single pan. This is yet another adaptation of a "My Great Recipes" card. The original recipe called for one cut-up chicken, I prefer to use just thighs. You can pick any pieces/parts you want. I'd stay away from boneless, though, I think it would dry out too much. (Please correct me if I'm wrong!)
Top Review by The Amaze-Ing Me
Needed to use up thighs and drumsticks I had in the freezer and this worked perfectly. I used a lidless skillet and tried to substitute with tight foil as a lid. Not a good idea...half the biscuits were gooey. Learned my lesson ;)
- 6 chicken thighs (with or without skin, your choice)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced onion (fresh or dried)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3 cups frozen peas and carrots (thawed)
- 1 (8 ounce) packagerefrigerator buttermilk biscuits
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle paprika over chicken.
- Melt butter in large skillet. Add chicken pieces and brown in the butter. Pour off drippings.
- Add enough water to the broth to equal 1 1/2 cups.
- Pour over chicken. Add onion and seasonings.
- Cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add peas and carrots and top with biscuits.
- Simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Cover and simmer another 10 minutes.