Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
From 365 Ways to Cook Chicken
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (16 ounce) can bing cherries
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 chicken breast halves or 6 chicken legs
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in lemon juice.
- Add cherries, cloves, and allspice. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large plastic bag, combine flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken pieces and shake to coat.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken and fry, turning, until brown all over, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes until tender. Remove to a serving plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Remove all but 1 tablespoon of fat from frying pan. Add cherry mixture.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until sauce thickens and mixture is heated through.
- Pour over chicken and serve.