1/1 Photo of Skillet Caramelized Parsnips
Simple stove top recipe for caramelized parsnips. Found printed on the back of a package of parsnips from Trader Joe's.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1After peeling the parsnips, cut them into sticks the size of your pinkie finger.
- 2Dry off any moisture with a paper towel or sacking cloth.
- 3Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat then add the parsnips, tossing to coat.
- 4Sprinkle the parsnips with the nutmeg.
- 5Cover the skillet tightly with a lid and cook the parsnips over medium heat for approximately 10 minutes or until the parsnips reach a golden brown color. All stoves are different so if it looks like the parsnips may be cooking too quickly, lower the heat.
- 6Add the water, place the lid back on the skillet and steam until the water has evaporated and the parsnips are golden, tender and caramelized.
- 7Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 8Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skillet Caramelized Parsnips
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.5
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 62.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 1.4 g