Recipe by Barb G.
What could be better than chicken cacciatore that is easy to fix and served with polenta. The recipe comes from the Family Circle magazine.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup marsala wine
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen mixed peppers, cut in strips
- 1 1⁄3 cups instant polenta
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; Add chicken, salt and pepper; Cook, stirring, until chicken is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Drain 1 can of diced tomatoes; discard juice; add drained tomatoes, 1 can diced tomatoes with juice and marsala to the chicken in skillet.
- Bring to boiling;reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes; Stir in mixed pepper strips; cook longer until chicken is cooked through and peppers are heated, about 5 minutes.
- Cook polenta as directed on package, Serve cacciatore over polenta.