Recipe by toomnecatz
A one-pan version of cabbage rolls for those of us who have neither the time nor patience for the rolled version. This is a family favorite and is so quick and easy.
- 1 small-medium head of cabbage, chopped
- 1 lb pan sausage
- 1 (14 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes (or other brand spicy stewed tomatoes)
- 1 (14 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- salt and pepper
- water, as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet on med-high heat, brown pan sausage, breaking apart large lumps. Drain fat.
- Add tomatoes, rice, and enchilada sauce. Stir to blend.
- Add as much chopped cabbage as you prefer (it may not be necessary to use an entire head).
- Cover and cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally and adding water if needed, until cabbage and rice are tender.
- Adjust seasoning and enjoy.