1/2 Photos of Skillet Cabbage and Ham
I love finding different ways to make cabbage. This would be a good way to use up leftover ham. Recipe is from Family Circle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 cups green cabbage, thinly sliced (about 1/2 of large head green cabbage)
- 2 large carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 10 ounces ham steaks, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 large apple, cored and diced
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add cabbage and carrot and cook, covered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Stir in wine and simmer for 1 minute.
- 4Add ham, apple, vinegar, caraway, salt and pepper.
- 5Simmer on medium heat for 5 minutes, uncovered, stirring, until cabbage and apples are tender and most of the liquid has cooked off.
- 6Cover and let stand a few minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skillet Cabbage and Ham
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.8
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 21.2 mg
- Sodium 828.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 11.0 g