Recipe by Jessica K
These are a great and yummy alternative to regular old mashed potatoes!! This is a simple country recipe with it's origins from the British regions, then made it's way over to Canada and the US.
Top Review by vap
Delicious. I agree about the amounts of spices; I just shook them on by eye, but probably used about 1 TBS of seasoned salt, and then used garlic powder and onion powder, and some salt and pepper.
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled
- 1⁄2 medium onion, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons seasoning salt
- 2 tablespoons Italian spices
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice potatoes into chunks or into round slices, I have cooked them both ways and both are good. It is just personal preference for shape.
- Boil for 10 minutes in salted water, drain in a collander. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat melt butter and oil in skillet.
- When butter is melted add onions. When translucent, add potatoes and seasonings. Cover and cook on one side for 5-7 minute. Flip and cook on other side for 5-7 more minute.
- Potatoes should be browned and crispy looking, but also a little soft. If butter ran dry during cooking add 2 more TB. Enjoy!