Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Homegrown Pure and Simple, a one pan side dish that's fast to make and beautiful on your table.
- 1 large head cauliflower, cored
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil or 2 tablespoons rice oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 large head broccoli, stalks attached
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat a large heavy skillet over medium heat.
- While it's heating, slice the cauliflower from top to bottom in 1-inch thick slices. Brush both sides with oil; salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the cauliflower slices in the hot skillet, pressing them down. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until nicely browned; flip them over and cook till brown and tender. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- While the cauliflower is browning, slice broccoli in the same way as the cauliflower and brush with some remaining oil.
- Cook the broccoli just as you did the cauliflower - till brown on both sides and tender. Remove from skillet & place on platter with the cauliflower.
- Add remaining oil (about 2 tsps) to the skillet and sauté the garlic, stirring constantly, till lightly browned - 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel to absorb any remaining oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the broccoli around the outside of a serving platter and place the cauliflower in the center of the circle.
- Sprinkle with garlic pieces & drizzle with the olive oil.
- Serve warm.
This was good and easy to make. I didn't have grapeseed oil or rice oil so I used olive oil. My family doesn't like their veggies crunchy, so I cooked the cauliflower and broccoli in the microwave then browned them.