Recipe by KellyMac6
Easy and yummy recipe from the America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook. Cooks really fast, the lemon flavor is strong so use less juice if you don't want it to be as prominent.
- 1 bunch broccoli (1.5 pound)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the broccoli florets into 1 to 1.5 inch pieces and slice the broccoli stalks 1/4 inch thick.
- Combine the florets, stalks, and water in a 12-inch non-stick skillet.
- Cover and cook over high heat until the water is simmering and the broccoli begins to turn bright green, about 2 minutes.
- Uncover and cook until the water has evaporated and the broccoli is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Clear the center of the pan and add the oil, garlic, and pepper flakes.
- Mash the garlic into the pan with the back of a spoon. Allow the garlic to cook for 10 seconds before stirring it into the broccoli.
- Turn off the heat, stir in the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.