Easy and yummy recipe from the America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook. Cooks really fast, the lemon flavor is strong so use less juice if you don't want it to be as prominent.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the broccoli florets into 1 to 1.5 inch pieces and slice the broccoli stalks 1/4 inch thick.
- 2Combine the florets, stalks, and water in a 12-inch non-stick skillet.
- 3Cover and cook over high heat until the water is simmering and the broccoli begins to turn bright green, about 2 minutes.
- 4Uncover and cook until the water has evaporated and the broccoli is tender, about 5 minutes.
- 5Clear the center of the pan and add the oil, garlic, and pepper flakes.
- 6Mash the garlic into the pan with the back of a spoon. Allow the garlic to cook for 10 seconds before stirring it into the broccoli.
- 7Turn off the heat, stir in the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Lemon Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lemon Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skillet Broccoli With Toasted Garlic and Lemon
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.7
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 51.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 4.4 g