A hearty breakfast that makes good leftovers (if there are any!). Although I've used bacon here, feel free to substitue any cooked sausage or ham or.... Same goes for the cheese and seasoning --- it's pretty versatile. (If I need to cook the bacon to make this dish, I just bake it on my broiler pan in a 325° F oven for about 20 min. while I'm working on the oninos and potatoes.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sauté onion in olive oil in an oven-safe skillet over medium heat until just starting to soften,.
- Stir in potatoes and red pepper flakes, and continue to cook until potatoes are cooked through.
- Add bell pepper to onions and potatoes for the last minute or two, just to get them started.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs into sour cream one at a time until all are smoothly combined.
- Stir oregano into eggs.
- Turn off heat under skillet and make sure no potatoes are sticking on the bottom.
- Stir in cooked bacon, making sure everything is well-distributed.
- Sprinkle in half the cheese, stirring just a bit to distribute.
- Pour egg mixture over all, tilting skillet if nec. to get it covering the bottom.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake 20 min., or until eggs are set and edges are just beginning to brown.