Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
I came up with this recipe after eating something like it at IHOP. Not the same but still very good.
- 2 baking potatoes, cut into cubes (peeled if you like)
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 eggs
- 3 slices deli ham
- 1 onion, cut up
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (any kind you like)
- 6 slices Velveeta cheese
- Microwave potatoes with 1 Tablespoon margarine for 3 to 4 minutes in a microwave safe bowl.
- Preheat large skillet (that is ovenproof to 350 degrees F). Put the other 1 Tablespoon margarine in skillet at medium heat along with potatoes when they come out of the microwave, then add onion. Brown potatoes and onion turning often.
- Chop ham into bite size pieces. Put ham in skillet with potatoes and onion. Mix ham, potatoes and onion and cook until ham is lightly brown.
- Scramble eggs and pour egg over ham and let cook until almost done but still runny do not mix!
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese over potatoes, onions, ham and egg. Put skillet in oven and bake 350 degrees F. for about 10 - 15 minutes.
- Eggs should look done, put slices of Valvetta cheese over the eggs and let melt in oven 3 - 5 minutes.
- Cool for 1 - 2 minutes.
- I have also added green or red pepper along with mushrooms to the potatoes and onions.