1/5 Photos of Skillet Bread
A recipe from Ricardo posted for ZWT8 India
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl, combine the water, yeast and sugar. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2In another bowl, combine the flour and salt. Add the yeast mixture and stir with fork until a soft dough forms. Add a little flour if necessary.
- 3Knead for 1 minute in the bowl while adding flour to prevent sticking.
- 4Cover with a clean cloth. Let the dough rise for about 30 minutes in a warm place, away from drafts (in the microwave oven, for example).
- 5On a floured surface, roll out the dough in two 20 cm (8 in) in diameter discs.
- 6In a cast iron skillet, heat half the butter and cook one bread over medium heat for about 3 minutes on each side. Repeat with the remaining butter and bread. Cut into wedges and serve hot.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skillet Bread
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.1
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 393.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 3.5 g