A recipe from Ricardo posted for ZWT8 India
Make and share this Skillet Bread recipe from Food.com.
- In a bowl, combine the water, yeast and sugar. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine the flour and salt. Add the yeast mixture and stir with fork until a soft dough forms. Add a little flour if necessary.
- Knead for 1 minute in the bowl while adding flour to prevent sticking.
- Cover with a clean cloth. Let the dough rise for about 30 minutes in a warm place, away from drafts (in the microwave oven, for example).
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough in two 20 cm (8 in) in diameter discs.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat half the butter and cook one bread over medium heat for about 3 minutes on each side. Repeat with the remaining butter and bread. Cut into wedges and serve hot.