Recipe by Boomette
A recipe from Ricardo posted for ZWT8 India
Top Review by Lucky in Bayview
Oh Wow!! These are incredibly good! This is one of those recipes that could be dangerous for me to have access to. I could eat these with every meal. We loved the texture, which is so soft but sturdy enough to hold a filling if needed.The flavor was buttery bliss. I used half the amount of butter and would do that again, maybe even a little less depending what I was serving. By the time I cooked the last bread there was barely any butter left in the pan and it was still delicious. DH drizzled honey on his and was in heaven. Thanks so much for sharing this simple, fantastic keeper of recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup salted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the water, yeast and sugar. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine the flour and salt. Add the yeast mixture and stir with fork until a soft dough forms. Add a little flour if necessary.
- Knead for 1 minute in the bowl while adding flour to prevent sticking.
- Cover with a clean cloth. Let the dough rise for about 30 minutes in a warm place, away from drafts (in the microwave oven, for example).
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough in two 20 cm (8 in) in diameter discs.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat half the butter and cook one bread over medium heat for about 3 minutes on each side. Repeat with the remaining butter and bread. Cut into wedges and serve hot.