Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
This quick recipe from my Best of Country Cooking Cookbook collection tastes like lasagna, but you make it on the stove. It's very tasty and is always a hit with my family.
Top Review by Rose is Rose
Very good! I used mini-bow ties and added a bit of extra water. Also threw in some shredded mozzarella into the cheese mixture. Sweet Diva, thank you for sharing your recipe!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 3⁄4 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add the tomatoes, water, tomato paste, parsley, oregano and salt; mix well.
- Stir in pasta; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring once.
- Combine cheeses; drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto pasta mixture.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Yield: 4 servings.