1/2 Photos of Skillet Blueberry Cobbler
Easy blueberry cobbler that cooks right in your cast-iron skillet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 tablespoons butter (1 stick)
- 4 cups fresh blueberries (can also use frozen, thawed at room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (for fruit mixture)
- 3/4 cup sugar (for biscuit topping)
- 2 tablespoons water, if needed
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- whipped cream (optional) or vanilla ice cream, for serving (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Melt the butter in a 10 or 12-inch cast-iron skillet.
- 3Add blueberries (if using frozen, let fruit thaw at room temperature first) and 2 tablespoons of the sugar.
- 4Stir gently and cook just until the berries begin to soften. If mixture seems at all dry, add the water.
- 5Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together flour, remaining 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- 6Add the milk and stir to make a thick batter.
- 7Spoon batter onto the fruit.
- 8Drag a spoon or spatula through batter to make streaks of white and blue. DON'T mix thoroughly.
- 9Bake until a tester inserted in the biscuit top comes out clean and the fruit is bubbling around the edges, about 20 minutes.
- 10Serve with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
- 11Note: You can make this with fresh or frozen peaches or other berries as well.
- 12If you don't have a cast-iron skillet, you can use an ovenproof dish. You can heat the butter and fruit in a skillet and then scrape them into a baking dish to continue.
- 13The cobbler is best served warm directly from the pan. If you have leftovers or plan to keep for a while, transfer to a nonreactive container.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skillet Blueberry Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.5
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 44.9 mg
- Sodium 547.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 38.8 g
- Protein 3.9 g