Recipe by tinebean21
Taken from Relish magazine, Jan/2010. Credited to Emily Horton. I haven't tried making this one yet.
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, buttermilk, and oil in a large bowl and stir with a fork (do not overmix).
- Using floured hands, gently knead dough in bowl to form a ball; dough will be sticky.
- Generously oil a straight sided, heavy 8 or 9 inch skillet and set over medium heat.
- Pat dough into skillet.
- Cook over medium heat until set and browned in spots on the bottom, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Using a spatula, slide or lift onto a plate.
- Invert into a skillet and cook until other side is browned in spots and bread is thoroughly cooked, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Transfer to a plet and cut into wedges; serve hot, warm or at room temperature.