Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
An easy dinner meal that is flavorful and satisfying. Everyone will love it.
- 1 lb ground beef (80/20 works best)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 16 slices American cheese (NOT processed cheese food)
- 1 cup instant rice
- Cook ground beef and onions together in a skillet breaking up the beef as much as possible. Before the beef is fully browned, drain as much grease as you can. Add the soy sauce to the beef and onion mixture and mix carefully coating everything with the soy sauce. Finish cooking until the beef is well browned and the soy sauce has been absorbed.
- Cook the instant rice as directed.
- Mix the rice into the beef and onion mixture stirring to well combine.
- While over a low heat cover the top of the mixture with slices of cheese, cover and allow cheese to melt.
- Mix everything carefully combining the cheese into the beef and rice mixture.
- Once combined add more cheese slices, cover and allow to melt.
- Repeat mixing to combine the cheese into the beef and rice mixture.
- Repeat adding cheese and mixing until enough cheese has been added to your taste.
- Serve hot and while cheese is still melty.