Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
weightwatchers.com 5 ww points
Make and share this Skillet Beef and Beer Stew recipe from Food.com.
- olive oil flavored cooking spray (5 one-second sprays)
- 12 ounces lean beef round, roast, cut into cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced (or 1 teaspoon jarred minced garlic)
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 24 medium baby carrots, about 1/2 pound
- 1 cup nonfat beef broth
- 8 ounces light beer
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add beef, onion, pepper and garlic; cook until beef is browned, stirring, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in potatoes, carrots, broth and beer; bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until meat is tender, about 30 minutes.
- Stir together evaporated milk, cornstarch and paprika in a small cup; add to beef mixture and stir to combine. Cook until slightly thickened and bubbly, about 5 minutes; cook stirring occasionally for 2 minutes more.