Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
Makes a very good busy day dinner. Serve with your favorite coleslaw and a side of cornbread. You can add more brown sugar if you like it a little more sweet.
Top Review by MrsKnox2016
The first time I made this for DH after we were married, he gave me a funny look, but once we chowed down on this childhood fav...he understood. I use essentially the same recipe, but leave out the bacon (I already feel bad enough about the sugar and fat!) sooooo good! Thanks for posting!
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pork and beans (drained)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped sweet onion
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) packagejumbo hot dogs, cut into small bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar