- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 lbs chicken, cut up
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauteé onion in 1/4 cup oil in skillet until tender.
- Add brown sugar, lemon juice, mustard, tomato sauce, 2 teaspoons salt, 1/4 teaspoons pepper and 1/2 cup water, mixing well.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoons pepper.
- Cook covered, in 1 inch oil in skillet for 15 minutes; turn.
- Cook uncovered, until brown; pour off oil.
- Pour barbecue sauce over chicken.
- Simmer covered, for 30 minutes.