Recipe by LAURIE
Mock baked beans that can be made on the campfire, grill or stove. Canned beans "doctored" so that they dont taste like you just opened a can!
Top Review by Fluffy
This was a nice easy tasty recipe. I halved it because there is just two of us. I served it along with homemade hamburgers on the barbecue and potato salad. Thanks for a great recipe.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 2 (28 ounce) cans pork and beans
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon in large skillet until crisp.
- Remove bacon and set aside.
- Into bacon grease, saute onion and green pepper til slightly tender.
- Add all other ingredients except bacon to skillet, mixing well.
- Cook over medium heat until beans are no longer soupy, about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Right before serving crumble bacon on top.