Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Mock baked beans that can be made on the campfire, grill or stove. Canned beans "doctored" so that they dont taste like you just opened a can!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 2 (28 ounce) cans pork and beans
- Fry bacon in large skillet until crisp.
- Remove bacon and set aside.
- Into bacon grease, saute onion and green pepper til slightly tender.
- Add all other ingredients except bacon to skillet, mixing well.
- Cook over medium heat until beans are no longer soupy, about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Right before serving crumble bacon on top.
This was a nice easy tasty recipe. I halved it because there is just two of us. I served it along with homemade hamburgers on the barbecue and potato salad. Thanks for a great recipe.