Recipe by DogAndCatDoc
I have not made this one. It is printed on the back of my half and half bottle that I use in my tea every morning and it sounds so good I thought I would post anyway.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 medium tart cooking apples, cored and cut in half crosswise
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 10 inch skillet melt butter until sizzling.
- Stir in brown sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients, except apples.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened (about 6-8 minutes).
- Place apples cut side down in cream mixture.
- Cover and continue cooking, spooning sauce over apples occasionally, until apples are fork tender (about 12-15 minutes).
- Place apples on individual dessert dishes.
- With wire wisk stir sauce until smooth.
- Serve sauce over apple halves.